DEPRESSION SYMPTOMS TREATMENT:
Depression is a complex problem which affects mind and body with complex set of symptoms.
FIVE OR MORE SYMPTOMS FOR A MINIMUM PERIOD OF TWO WEEKS OR LONGER
At least 3 of the following must be there for the most of the the day nearly every day for 1 week or longer.
- Sad anxious or 'empty' mood
- Feeling of hopelessness
- Feeling of wordlessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies or activities that were once enjoyed including sex
- Decreased Energy
- Difficulty concentrating
- Changes in sleep pattern
- Appetite and weight changes
- Thoughts of death, suicide/suicidal attempts
- Physical problems like headache, digestion problem not satisfactory relieved with just physical treatment
DEPRESSION & PHYSICAL PROBLEMS
Depression is a co-existing problem with many medical problems and unless depression is treated the medical problems continue to get complicated
- Diabetic mellitus- Depression can lead to diabetes and diabetes can lead to depression
- Depression can lead to heart diseases.
- HV/AIDS-1 in 3 people with HV/AIDS suffer from depression
- Suicide-90% people committing suicide have depression
- Osteoporosis- Depression reduces bone formation