OCD has two main components :
- Thoughts creating anxiety (obsession )
THOUGHTS CREATING ANXIETY (OBSESSION)
At least 3 of the following must be there for the most of the the day nearly every day for 1 week or longer.
- THOUGHTS : Word or phrase or rhymes that is unpleasant, shocking or blasphemous 'Things are contaminated with gems'
- PICTURES : Visualization of somebody being dead , being violent , being abuse
- DOUBTS :Wondering for hours that the person might have caused an accident /misinformed somebody
- RUMINATIONS : Endlessly arguing with self to do this or that.' indecisiveness"
- PERFECTIONISM : Extreme botheration about putting things in order
- MEDICATIONS : Medications helps 6-7 out of the 10 with OCD. Anti obsession medications help to prevent OCD coming back as long as it is taken.
- THERAPY : Exposure and response prevention : A therapy to stop compulsive behavior and anxieties from strengthening each other.
- COGNITIVE THERAPY : Psychological treatment which helps to change the reaction it thoughts instead of trying to get rid of them.